Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holy crap, it's been a long time. BIG POST GO!

Yeah... I kinda forgot I had this... Sorry for not updating it in case someone out there actually cares. XD


Hm... *thinks back for about almost a month*

Not really anything important to say... Every other person with a blog on Siren and some kind of stake in the HNM field knows and already said about 5 pages worth of stuff about the EpicFaiLS. (Which was rather funny, we still don't know who the OP was for the Fafiner topic. They really are immature for responding to the posts and trolling their own forums instead of clicking the delete button. It's really that easy!)

We finished Nyzul climbing for our group members, Eremes, Leifei and Mascrapone, and we've started working on getting the last of our Nyzul gear out of the way. (Unfortunately it's been a lot of floor 20 runs... only to end with us getting something we don't need.) Poor Eremes still needs Denali Gamashes, as does Caldor. However, we've received NONE. We also proceeded to do a Floor 80 in order to let Leifei get a choice on what gear he wanted to persue. If I remember correctly we fought a Khimaira and got a Denali Jacket.

Normally Eremes would've gotten to lot on this...

However, fate is a fickle mistress, and Eremes accidentally used his flies. Congrats Caldor on your gaysuit.

Oh, Validus has been on a claiming spree for Dark Ixion as of late (broken by RD today... but it's nice to get a break from it to be honest.)

Over the 4 or 5 claims we've gotten, we've had 3 full drops, and the others gave us only one thing. But one thing is certain. NO ONE WANTS THIS:

However. I did manage to snag one of the Ixion Capes floating around.

As far as gear I've received goes, I think that my last post came before I had gotten a Novio... As well as some other things. I guess I might as well include that I've received:

  • Novio Earring
  • Crimson Cuisses (I'm not rich like Ayd D:)
  • Ixion Cape
Oh, and I was the nice boyfriend and passed up this for Ayd:



As far as things I'd like to obtain from Validus as of now... My "wish list" is as follows.






I'm only slightly ambitious for being a Thf that wants Ridill, right? XD

As for the other choices, Love Torque is for Thf (duh.) Fortitude Torque is for my upcoming Blu (57!) and Rdm (Melee Rdm is fun as hell, I don't care what you say). Oily Trousers is also for Thf, but it looks like it might have its uses on my Blu as well. More to come about that if I manage to hit 75 Blu soon...

More on the topic of Blu, I'm 57 as I stated before. I had managed to catch up to all the spells I needed at 54... But you know what that means. 3 more levels means I'm closer to *almost* 3 more levels worth of spells than I used to be. The skill cap for blue magic at 57 allows you to learn all spells up till 63. The list is as follows:

Level 60
Death Scissors
Dimensional Death
Spiral Spin

Level 61
Bad Breath
Eyes on Me
Maelstrom
Seedspray

Level 62
Body Slam
Memento Mori
1000 Needles

Level 63
Frenetic Rip
Frypan
Hydro Shot
Spinal Cleave

Yeah. Let me tell ya... Some of those suck. And I haven't even tried to learn some of those yet. I have learned Death Scissors, Bad Breath, Eyes On Me, Seedspray, and Frypan 1/1 (spell learned first time I saw a mob use it). On the other hand... I also learned these spells: Spiral Spin (1/19), Hydro Shot (1/21), and the big one... Dimensional Death (1/110!!!!!!) Seriously. 1/110. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

*ahem*

I've yet to try for any others except for Maelstrom (0/0, haven't seen a mob use it yet, however I've killed about 10) and Spinal Cleave (God I hate Qutrubs so much).

Maelstrom was on my own time, while Spinal Cleave was on the whim of my girlfriend who wished to farm up the keys to reach Medusa's lair.

Yeah.

First we couldn't break the weapons. Then they wouldn't use it. Then I just plain out sucked at learning it. The other Blu (67, Obscurerune) came out to assist hoping to learn the spell himself and learned it first try. Lucky bastard.

In other news, we only managed to get 1 key off the qutrubs, who drop 2. The key that wiki says is "rarer". We currently possess one (1) Lamian Fang Key and one (1) Lamian Bone Key. Obtaining the Lamain Claw Key will give us the ability to access Medusa's lair and kill the big bad queen herself.

Funny story about that though...

The last time Validus took a swing at Medusa was when I was a wee little noob joining the shell. 1 year ago actually. A trial member said he possessed the keys to reach Medusa, so Chkxdragon being the adventurous guy he is, said let's go kill her.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

It was totally fun by the way.

We had an outside crew tanking/kiting/killing the adds that Medusa spawned at the start of the fight, which went well as far as I could tell from the Medusa ally.

Our one (and only tank in the kill alliance) was Dorfster (Pld/Nin). And he did a bang-up job on Medusa too.

At least, until she said. "'SUP BITCHES! I GOTS A DAGGER!"

Several face stabbings ensued.

All in all, we worked her down to about 3%... And wiped... ; ;

But wait! THE NEW RDM HAS RERAISE! (That would be me.)

*Casts Bio II on Medusa. Medusa readies "Rape Taru Red Mage"*

I died. With another reraise. ^^b

I put Bio II back on. We also managed to get another Rdm up for a second Bio II after I died.

...Sucked to be us, really.

We died with no RR up at 1%. At which point Chkx called it a wipe and we HP'd. Medusa was starting to regen and we had no chance afterwards. I thought it was fun at least...

Holy crap, it's 3:20. That's what I get for trying to sleep early only to end up on an insomnia based rant. Oh well. I might regale you with tales of fail and fun tomorrow. If I remember to update this that is...

Don't be "epic" if you know what I mean.

- Khell

3 comments:

Aydindril said...

Noob.

Share your oily trousers with me! C_C

(When you get them)

Omari said...

lawl @ medusa.

Should totally send me a /tell when you do it again. Cause I need it for my Aymur. D=

Vagu'Stae said...

"Melee Rdm is fun as hell, I don't care what you say."

I'm so seconding this.

Btw, write moar plees! I really like the mood you gave to this post; I liked it. Lol.